The job goal of the Technical Director/Project Manager (TD/PM) is to coordinate and lead projects. TD/PMs are positive, self-motivated, creative, analytical personalities. Attention to detail and communication skills are a must. Projects depend on this person to be budget conscious and sensitive to extremely tight timelines. Hard skills in MS Word, Excel, One Note, AutoCAD, and Artcam are necessities. While a Theatrical background is preferred, Engineering and other trade job expertise bring value to the team.
TD/PMs are also team leaders. They need to know the capabilities and limitations of those assigned to work on their project. A thorough understanding of how something is constructed and communicating that concept to others define a good project manager. Ideally, the TD/PM shepherds a project from bid to final delivery. This position can entail travel.
Adherence to Safety policies is required as The TD/PM onsite may be required to supervise the safety program. Training in OSHA 30 and other professional training support will be provided.
Scenic Solutions is an equal opportunity employer and drug free workplace.
SOME DUTIES INCLUDE
- Owning the project life cycle.
- Creating and maintaining documentation for each project.
- Planning, communicating, and tracking project budgets.
- Delegating tasks and responsibilities to appropriate personnel.
- Meeting project goals and milestones.
- Working creatively and analytically in a problem-solving environment demonstrating teamwork, innovation, and excellence.
- Providing leadership for the project team by building and motivating team members.
- Procuring adequate resources to achieve project objectives in planned timeframes.
- Acting as an internal quality control check for the project.
- Representing Scenic Solutions in a professional manner.
- Planning and assisting with onsite installations ensuring customer satisfaction.
- Delivering great customer service.
- Cleaning and maintaining tools, equipment, and the workspace.
- Adhering to all safety practices.
THE SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE
- Knows how to use Microsoft software tools (Word, Excel, and Project Professional) and Vectorworks/CAD
- Has a positive and collaborative attitude with excellent communication skills.
- Has exceptional organizational and multitasking skills.
- Can pass and maintain drug free workplace testing requirements.
- Has knowledge of hand tools, power tools, and measuring equipment.
- Has a valid driver’s license.
- Can read and interpret blueprints.
- Is familiar with and complies with all safety rules.
- Can climb ladders.
- Can lift 50 pounds to a height of at least 3 feet.
- Thrives in a high-pressure environment that requires working under tight deadlines.
BENEFITS AVAILABLE UPON HIRE
- Employee Assistance Program.
- Paid Holidays. (8) New Year’s Day, Memorial Day, July 4, Labor Day, Thanksgiving Day + Friday, Christmas Eve & Day.
BENEFITS AVAILABLE AFTER NINTY DAYS
- Vacation Pay: accumulate 80 hours per year. The maximum amount of accrued sick time is 120 hours.
- Sick time: accumulate up to 40 hours per year. The maximum amount of accrued sick time is 80 hours.
- Access to the Company 401K Plan. Scenic Solutions matches employee contributions dollar for dollar up to 4% of the employee contribution limit.
- Life Insurance @ $25,000.00. Premium paid by Scenic Solutions.
- Additional Life coverage is optional.
- Access to company Health coverage plan. Scenic Solutions will cover 80% of the employee premium. In addition, spouse and Family coverage is available to employees at cost.
- Access to Dental company insurance. Scenic Solutions will cover 100% of the employee premium. In addition, spouse and Family coverage is available to employees at cost.
- Access to company Vision insurance. Scenic Solutions will cover 100% of the employee premium. In addition, spouse and Family coverage is available to employees at cost.
Are you ready for an exciting job with great benefits?