The job goal of the Assistant Technical Director/Draftsperson (ATD/D) is to create technical drawings for effective construction. This will include drawings for welding, carpentry, props, scenic elements, and drapery for projects produced in our 24,000 square foot facility as well as in partner companies. Attention to detail and an eye for finding efficiencies in labor and material usage is a must. Hard skills in MS Word, Excel, One Note, AutoCAD, and Artcam are necessities. While a Theatrical background is preferred, Engineering and other trades bring value to the team.
The ATD/D works under the Project Managers and closely with the Plant Operations Manager. The ATD/D gets information to the shop floor and ordering team quickly so that projects can move effectively through fabrication and successful completion. This position can entail travel.
Adherence to Safety policies is required. Training in OSHA 30 and other professional training support will be provided.
Scenic Solutions is an equal opportunity employer and drug free workplace.
SOME DUTIES INCLUDE
- Owning the life cycle of the project elements assigned.
- Meeting project goals and milestones.
- Working creatively and analytically in a problem-solving environment demonstrating teamwork, innovation, and excellence.
- Acting as an internal quality control check for the project.
- Representing Scenic Solutions in a professional manner.
- Delivering great customer service.
- Cleaning and maintaining tools, equipment, and the workspace.
- Adhering to all safety practices.
THE SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE
- Knows how to use Microsoft software tools (Word, Excel, and Project Professional) and Vectorworks/CAD
- Has a positive and collaborative attitude with excellent communication skills.
- Has exceptional organizational and multitasking skills.
- Can pass and maintain drug free workplace testing requirements.
- Has knowledge of hand tools, power tools, and measuring equipment.
- Has a valid driver’s license.
- Can read and interpret blueprints.
- Is familiar with and complies with all safety rules.
- Can climb ladders.
- Can lift 50 pounds to a height of at least 3 feet.
- Thrives in a high-pressure environment that requires working under tight deadlines.
BENEFITS AVAILABLE UPON HIRE
- Employee Assistance Program.
- Paid Holidays. (8) New Year’s Day, Memorial Day, July 4, Labor Day, Thanksgiving Day + Friday, Christmas Eve & Day.
BENEFITS AVAILABLE AFTER NINTY DAYS
- Vacation Pay: accumulate 80 hours per year. The maximum amount of accrued sick time is 120 hours.
- Sick time: accumulate up to 40 hours per year. The maximum amount of accrued sick time is 80 hours.
- Access to the Company 401K Plan. Scenic Solutions matches employee contributions dollar for dollar up to 4% of the employee contribution limit.
- Life Insurance @ $25,000.00. Premium paid by Scenic Solutions.
- Additional Life coverage is optional.
- Access to company Health coverage plan. Scenic Solutions will cover 80% of the employee premium. In addition, spouse and Family coverage is available to employees at cost.
- Access to Dental company insurance. Scenic Solutions will cover 100% of the employee premium. In addition, spouse and Family coverage is available to employees at cost.
- Access to company Vision insurance. Scenic Solutions will cover 100% of the employee premium. In addition, spouse and Family coverage is available to employees at cost.
Are you ready for an exciting job with great benefits?