The Carpenter/Fabricator is responsible for project construction while under general supervision. The Carpenter/Fabricator will perform basic carpentry, is expected to have knowledge of hand and power tools, can read and comprehend blueprints, and can utilize/read measuring equipment. This position requires pushing, pulling, and overhead reach. Experience in fabricating theatrical scenery, cabinetry, mill work, or museum exhibits is desired.
Scenic Solutions is an equal opportunity employer and drug free workplace.
SOME DUTIES INCLUDE
- Implementing and adhering to proper fabrication procedures including maintaining accurate dimensional tolerances set forth on drawings and blueprints.
- Handling heavy materials manually in a safe and efficient manner.
- Cleaning and maintaining tools, equipment and the workspace.
- Adhering to all safety practices.
- Other non-fabrication duties on occasion as assigned (i.e., finish work, paint prep, material handling, cleanup, etc.)
- Being a good communicator.
- Ensuring great customer service.
THE SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE
- Has a positive and collaborative attitude with excellent communication skills.
- Can pass and maintain drug free workplace testing requirements.
- Has a valid driver’s license.
- Is familiar with and complies with all safety rules.
- Can climb ladders.
- Can lift 50 pounds to a height of at least 3 feet.
- Can read and interpret blueprints.
- Has knowledge of hand tools, power tools, and measuring equipment.
BENEFITS AVAILABLE UPON HIRE
- Employee Assistance Program.
- Paid Holidays. (8) New Year’s Day, Memorial Day, July 4, Labor Day, Thanksgiving Day + Friday, Christmas Eve & Day.
BENEFITS AVAILABLE AFTER NINTY DAYS
- Vacation Pay: accumulate 80 hours per year. The maximum amount of accrued sick time is 120 hours.
- Sick time: accumulate up to 40 hours per year. The maximum amount of accrued sick time is 80 hours.
- Access to the Company 401K Plan. Scenic Solutions matches employee contributions dollar for dollar up to 4% of the employee contribution limit.
- Life Insurance @ $25,000.00. Premium paid by Scenic Solutions.
- Additional Life coverage is optional.
- Access to company Health coverage plan. Scenic Solutions will cover 80% of the employee premium. In addition, spouse and Family coverage is available to employees at cost.
- Access to Dental company insurance. Scenic Solutions will cover 100% of the employee premium. In addition, spouse and Family coverage is available to employees at cost.
- Access to company Vision insurance. Scenic Solutions will cover 100% of the employee premium. In addition, spouse and Family coverage is available to employees at cost.
Are you ready for an exciting job with great benefits?