The Properties Artisan has a wide range of skills, including sewing, sculpting, carpentry, and experience in crafts. This role is responsible for construction of items and soft goods for use in the entertainment industry. The Properties Artisan can willingly adapt to evolving job responsibilities. This position requires the ability and willingness to work with other teammates to produce a quality finished product and maintain effective working relationships while maintaining time sensitivity to the shop’s workflow.
Scenic Solutions is an equal opportunity employer and drug free workplace.
SOME DUTIES INCLUDE
- Sewing materials using an industrial sewing machine or serger (overlock)
- Hand sewing
- Problem solving for the construction of unique textile items
- Maintaining a safe, clean, and healthy work environment
- Cleaning and maintaining equipment
- Helping to monitor and stock shop supplies
- Assisting in restocking or reorganizing shop storage areas
- Assisting other technicians when necessary
- Assisting in other shop areas as needed
THE SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE
- Has knowledge of hand tools, painting, and advanced sewing skills
- Has a knowledge of textiles
- Thrives in a high-pressure environment that requires working under tight deadlines
- Can work with minimal supervision in a high demand environment
- Has the ability to work in a team environment
- Has a positive and collaborative attitude with excellent communication skills
- Can pass and maintain drug free workplace testing requirements
- Has a valid driver’s license
- Has the ability to perform physical tasks associated with this occupation, including bending, reaching, climbing ladders, walking up and down stairs, and moving objects up to fifty pounds
- Has organizational, efficiency, prioritization, and multi-tasking skills
BENEFITS AVAILABLE UPON HIRE
- Employee Assistance Program.
- Paid Holidays. (8) New Year’s Day, Memorial Day, July 4, Labor Day, Thanksgiving Day + Friday, Christmas Eve & Day.
BENEFITS AVAILABLE AFTER NINTY DAYS
- Vacation Pay: accumulate 80 hours per year. The maximum amount of accrued sick time is 120 hours.
- Sick time: accumulate up to 40 hours per year. The maximum amount of accrued sick time is 80 hours.
- Access to the Company 401K Plan. Scenic Solutions matches employee contributions dollar for dollar up to 4% of the employee contribution limit.
- Life Insurance @ $25,000.00. Premium paid by Scenic Solutions.
- Additional Life coverage is optional.
- Access to company Health coverage plan. Scenic Solutions will cover 80% of the employee premium. In addition, spouse and Family coverage is available to employees at cost.
- Access to Dental company insurance. Scenic Solutions will cover 100% of the employee premium. In addition, spouse and Family coverage is available to employees at cost.
- Access to company Vision insurance. Scenic Solutions will cover 100% of the employee premium. In addition, spouse and Family coverage is available to employees at cost.
Are you ready for an exciting job with great benefits?