The Scenic Charge Artist is responsible for the safe and timely planning, execution, and completion of painting and finishing of all projects. In conjunction with Project Managers, the Scenic Charge Artist manages budgets and coordinates schedules. This position requires advanced skills in all types of scenic painting, finishes, and sculpture as well as proven proficiency in leading a crew of artists.
SOME DUTIES INCLUDE
- Communicating with team members at all levels regarding the execution and status of paint progress
- Painting and executing surface treatments on all Scenic Solutions projects and products
- Mixing and supervising all paint and textures required to execute each scenic project
- Maintaining the stock of required paint and supplies
- Supervising and managing the Paint Staff
- Occasionally carving foam or dying fabric for scenic elements
- Creating and maintaining documentation for each project
- Traveling to local and international sites for installations and touch ups
- Filling other positions as needed to move projects toward painting and finishing
THE SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE
- Has professional experience as a Scenic Charge Artist
- Has a positive and collaborative attitude with excellent communication skills
- Can pass and maintain drug free workplace testing requirements
- Has a valid driver’s license
- Can climb ladders
- Can lift 50 pounds to a height of at least 3 feet
- Can read and interpret blueprints
- Thrives in a high-pressure environment that requires working under tight deadlines.
- Has organizational, efficiency, prioritization, and multi-tasking skills
Scenic Solutions is an equal opportunity employer and drug free workplace.